LANEF PhD Program 2019
LANEF PhD Program is a three year program to support PhD training of excellent students. The thesis will be prepared in one of the six laboratories on a topic related to one or several of the following Challenges:
• Quantum Materials
• Nanophysics and Quantum Engineering
• Electrical Energy
• Sensors for Life Science and Healthcare
•New frontiers in cryogenics
The net salary is 1450 €/month during 36 months, including healthcare insurance (income tax not deduced). If you agree to undertake light additional duties (such as teaching, for example), your net salary may be risen up to 1690 €/month.
The program is open to highly talented and motivated students of any nationality. Students from different backgrounds (biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, mathematics) who can demonstrate a strong interest in the fields of LANEF are welcome. Applicants should have a master’s degree and must be fluent in English language. A good mobility (within the country of origin - or internationally) demonstrated during the undergraduate cursus will be considered as a plus.
They must have already found a PhD supervisor in one of the 6 laboratories of LANEF and be able to propose a thesis project in agreement with his/her future thesis supervisor.
A thesis project based on synergies between the 6 laboratories or the different thematics, will have a greater chance to be selected by our evaluation committee - also if it aims at enhancing collaborations with R&D, healthcare laboratories, or companies.
HOW TO APPLY
- You must have found a PhD project that will be supported and supervised by one (or more) researcher(s) based in one of the 6 LANEF’s laboratories.
- Download the PhD program application form
- With the help of your thesis supervisor, fill in this application form with all requested details
- You must contact the steering committee member of your main thematic in order to inform him/her of your intention to apply to the PhD program. He/she will help you and make sure that your application matches the program requirements.
- Save as PDF each document: Application form / CV / exam results / diplomas....
- Merge all these PDFs into ONE single .PDF file
- Send by email that final PDF file to email@example.com by 2019, April 9, 11:59 AM (Paris time) .
- Your application will be acknowledged within five working days.
- You must request (at least) two recommendation letters based on the template included at the end of the application form (section F). These letters must be sent by your referee himself/herself directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2019, April 9, 11:59 AM (Paris time) .
>> After verifying its eligibility, each application is submitted to 2 independent reviewers.
>> 2019, May, 2: : A Steering Committee session is held in order to select the applicants to be invited for an audition in Grenoble, on the basis of the reviewers reports
Selected students will receive a convocation for the interview and instructions to prepare their travel and stay in Grenoble. All travel/accommodation expenses will be covered by LANEF for 3 days/2 nights. This will provide enough time to each applicant to visit their hosting laboratory and to finalise their oral presentation together with their future thesis supervisor. Non-selected applicants will receive a short feedback report within 2 weeks.
>> 2019, May 28 and May 29 : Auditions are held in Grenoble, in front of the Steering Committee plus invited specialists.
>> Final results will be announced a few days later. Applicants on the short list will have to give an answer within 2 weeks so that applicants on the reserve list can be contacted. Non-selected applicants will receive a report within 2 weeks.
The 2019 call of the PhD programmes is enlarged with three others funding possibilities which bear peculiarities. You must take note of them: